Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Helpful Tool Kit

Sorry it has been so long since I have been able to post. Life got really busy around the holidays and then school started back up again. But all of that is ok. This next week I will be starting a new blog series called- A Helpful Tool Kit. It will look into eight areas of advice that I have learned from teachers, friends, and my own brain that help me everyday.

I will be posted a new blog every Tuesday and Thursday for the next four weeks.
They are-

1) Hey You’re Really Smart (Questions about IQ),
2) Advantages for Dyslexics,
3) Dys-Advantages- Maybe, Maybe Not,
4) Dysgraphia or Why We HATE Writing,
5) Ooo Shoot, Say Again- Note Taking,
6) Hey Mom- How do you spell “Can”?
7) Our Enemy, Math (Dyscalculia),
8) Parent Advice from My Real Parents

If you want to see another topic discussed feel free to comment and I will try to work it in.

Tool #6- Advice about dyslexia only works if it follows your brain and your thought process. There is a ton of advice out there for dyslexia- from doctors to dyslexics, and many more, but finding what works for you is a personal journey into how you think, remember, and how you interact with the world around you. For example if your brain works in patterns like mine does you may find yourself trying to find a pattern or brain trick to remember something. I have found the more I understand my brain the more I’m able to better communicate, connect, and explain my ideas, dreams, and point of view to others. And since we live in a world of words and ideas it’s always a good practice to understand your own brain.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment